Dozens of pieces of papers scattered around…torn pictures out of magazines…cocktail napkins with doodles and notes…put them all together and they represent your greatest idea EVER. This one is going to turn the world on its ear. If only you could explain it so it made sense to someone else, and even better, would attract investors who wanted to help you with money to make it happen.
I think all of us have had one or two of these ideas per month. More often than not they fall to the wayside because we simply can’t get it organized quickly and life’s priorities take over. Trying to start and manage projects can be daunting because the task seems bigger than us. You have the ability to succeed; you just need the tools and technique of Mind Mapping that is going to change everything for you.
The beauty of Mind Mapping is that it translates from your brain to paper in the exact way you think and requires a very small learning curve. It will help you organize your thoughts into cohesive patterns and aid you in discussion, time management, long-range planning and productivity.
The five essential characteristics of a Mind Map:
- The main idea, subject or focus is crystallized in a central image.
- The main themes radiate from the central image as 'branches'.
- The branches comprise a key image or key word drawn or printed on its associated line.
- Topics of lesser importance are represented as 'twigs' of the relevant branch.
- The branches form a connected nodal structure.